Friday, January 8, 2010

A Person of Ordinary Ability . . .


"The Lord has a great work for each of us to do. You may wonder how this can be. You may feel that there is nothing special or superior about you or your ability. Perhaps you feel, or have been told, that you are stupid. Many of us have felt that, and some of us have been told that. Gideon felt this when the Lord asked him to save Israel from the Midianites. Gideon said, “My family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house” (Judg. 6:15). He had only 300 men, but with the help of the Lord, Gideon defeated the armies of the Midianites.

"The Lord can do remarkable miracles with a person of ordinary ability who is humble, faithful, and diligent in serving the Lord and who seeks to improve himself."

--James E. Faust, “On the Edge,” New Era, Feb 1997, 4


This quote gives me comfort and hope.

Sometimes I feel like the world weighs on my shoulders and there's nothing I can do about it because I'm just an insignificant me. But the Lord works through "small and simple" things to bring to pass great works.

Even though I may not feel that I have the ability to do much, the little things that I do can have a great impact - one I may not even realize. I know that if I work toward striving to do all the Lord would have me do and improving myself a little at a time that I will bring about something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment