Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Small Act of Kindness . . .

I was reflecting on how Heavenly Father puts little things in our paths to let us know he cares and thought I'd share a neat experience I had.

Yesterday was an all-around bad day. Period. My husband got laid off, the kids were being holy terrors as we tried to kill time waiting for him to call us to go pick him up (we were killing time from 3:15 p.m. to almost 7 p.m.) and my stress level was really high. When the time came to go pick him up, my kids and I were at the library. As I went to open the door of my car, I found a small envelope tucked into the driver's side window. Upon closer inspection, it wasn't an ad for a local business like I thought it would be. Instead, the note on the front read, "To: Whoever finds this. You have an awesome smile - you TOTALLY deserve an ice cream!" Tucked inside was a coupon for a free ice cream cone from a local grocery store.

That may not seem like much, but after I got in the car, I was totally overwhelmed with the thoughtfulness of the person who left it and completely in awe of Heavenly Father for knowing that I needed a small act of kindness right then. So thank you to whomever left that little note. I'm sure you didn't know how much I needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment